Today is National Oreo Day! How do you eat your Oreos?
With all that we do, snacking is essential and there is nothing better than an Oreo. As we were heading out to a photo shoot, with no idea of what to do yet, I looked back and the girls ate half the props already. We had a bunch of shoots to do already and decided we would find inspiration while we were either walking around Fremont Street or hanging in Container Park. Plus the Art and Graffiti that is in that area, is inspiration alone. With Today, March 6th, 2020, being National Oreo Day, We just knew this would be fun!
So with little to go on, the inspiration was not hard to come by. Anyone that knows Container Park, knows it is full of fun things for kids and families to do. Finding ways to incorporate Oreos into our shoots and out of the girls mouths was not only fun, but there was something to do around every corner.
First Pit Stop was the sticker room where the girls played the piano with the toddlers and stood around eating more oreos begging for milk, LOL
They were so lucky they didn't have cookie teeth, LOL
Meghan then decided it was time for hula hoop, but getting her to let go of the Oreo, was a little challenging.
Missy tried to get everyone to join into a friendly game of Oreo connect 4.
Then they finally compromised on a friendly game of chess!
While the day was super fun and full of excitement, by the end of the day I was wondering how everyone actually eats their Oreos. Me, I only eat the double stuff, but I have tried almost every flavor they have. I love the Mint Oreos, The Carrot Cake Oreos and the Birthday Cake. When I asked the girls how they eat them, one replied she dunks in milk, the other said any way she can get them. LOL
So I searched the Internet
There is the Crazy Stacker - Which totally describes me, I have even been known to have a pile of chocolate cookies and toss them in the trash, LOL
The "Not getting my hands messy" Dunkers - none of us here, but I do want to try this!
Then there is the "I'm All In" Dunker - Again all of Us here, LOL (Lickin our fingers and all)
Oreos facts - From LiveAbout.com
• Oreos are the best-selling cookies (or biscuits, if you happen to live in the U.K.) in the world.
• On the basis of a recent scientific study, it has been suggested — obviously with some exaggeration — that Oreos are as addictive as cocaine.
• Oreos were created in 1912 by the National Biscuit Company (Nabisco). The cookie's one-hundredth birthday was celebrated in 2012.
• From day one, the Oreo was quite similar to an already-existing cookie, the Hydrox biscuit, invented by Sunshine Biscuits four years earlier.
• Though still quite similar to the original pattern, the Oreo cookie's design has evolved and become more complex over the years.
• The current version of the cookie's signature embossed pattern was created in 1952.
• A Nabisco design engineer named William Turnier is usually credited with creating the current design, though the company says it cannot confirm this.
• Nabisco claims the geometric shapes in the design are "an early European symbol for quality," though some conspiracy-minded types link at least one of the graphic elements, the so-called "Cross of Lorraine," to Freemasonry and the Knights Templar.
• Los Angeles artist Andrew Lewicki created an Oreo manhole cover based on the cookie's design.
Crazy Oreo Recipes
The Bacon Fried Oreo - Never tried, not sure I ever will! I mean, I love bacon, but on an oreo? Not sure about that one!
Oreo Pancakes by She Wears Many Hats
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Stuffed Oreos by Love to be in the Kitchen
Oreo Fluff by Chef in Training
and last but not least
Golden Oreo Peanut Butter Moon Pies - OMG I have to make these, everyone knows my love for peanut butter, UGH! Recipe by the Domestic Rebel
So What will you create for National Oreo Day? Know of any awesome Oreo Recipes? Put everything you want to say in the comments below!
I hope you enjoyed this as much as we did!
xoxo Haley Fox
#NationalOreoDay #NationalOreoCookieDay #NationalToday #gettingfoodiewithit #lasvegasbites #lasvegaslocal #vegaslocal #lasvegaslocals #vegaslocals #oreo #oreos #cookies #oreocake #chocolatechipcookies #cookiesandcream #foodblog #cookie #foodlover #dessert #foodforfoodies #foodiegram #instayum #eatingfortheinsta #foodoftheday #foodphotography #foodgram #foodspotting #nomnomnom #eatfamous #discoverunder100k