Yogurt Covered Frozen Bananas
I am a huge fan of fruit and bananas are one of my favorite. So making a delicious summer treat was a no brainer. The best part is you can add any topping you like to these healthy snacks and the kids will still eat them up!
What you will need
- Ripe (but not over ripe) bananas) how ever many you want to make
- Large Container of Vanilla Yogurt
- Chopped Almonds, Coconut, mini M&M's, chopped peanuts, etc
- Peal a Banana one at a time and place a popsicle Stick deep enough inside to support the weight of the banana.
place on parchment paper and fill with all bananas, then stick in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- While bananas are in the freezer, place Yogurt in a casserole dish to easily allow you to roll the bananas in.
- have a bowl with your preferred toppings (I used coconut and almonds)
- Then melt your chocolate and make sure it is ready for when you pull out the bananas. (Once melted pour into a decent size ziplock bag and set aside. (you will cut a tiny whole out of the corner to easily drizzle with)
- Pull the bananas out and have your cooling rack with paper towels under the rack to catch the drippings.
- Dip one banana at a time into the yogurt, then place on rack, sprinkle topping on top, then drizzle chocolate to bind it to the banana. place on parchment paper and instantly into the freezer.
- Repeat until all bananas are done / add different toppings or coat fully in chocolate, whatever you desire.
Once are are done and in the freezer, allow them to freeze for 1-2 hours before placing them all into a seal tight container to consume as desired.
Serve and Enjoy!
xoxo Haley Fox